Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Random Updates

Happy Fathers Day!
This is a good three generation picture. Especially since they're all sitting in a tractor!
Ryan, Dick, Bridger

I've been thinking about what has happened over the last month and a half and surprisingly its a lot. I haven't blogged about any of it, because individually the events don't seem enough to fill an entry. However, when I list it all in my head, it sounds bigger than it actually was.

I'm listing the events below as they pop into my head, so they are not in chronological order (I'm not that organized)

* First, my Sister in Iowa had her healthy baby boy on June 2nd. Daniel is her 4th and possibly her last. (she says shes done, he says possibly not) I'm so happy for her! How blessed is she to have so many perfectly healthy children. And of all the adults/children in my family this is the first June Birthday! The only empty month now is September.

* Second, My little brother and his wife are having TWINS! They are over 13 weeks now and have two healthy babies growing as they should. Yeah! Part of me hopes we are still living here so I can help and be apart of such a unique situation. I love living with my brother and his wife! I will miss them when we move.

*Speaking of moving...nothing to report. Well, not much anyway. We found a house that we love out in West Jordan about 6600 s 5400 w. We've put a bid on it, but its a short sale. Contrary to the name, however, short sales take forever!! A short sale means a person owes more than the house is worth so you are asking the bank to take less than is owed on it. In this case the 2nd bank is totally on bored and ready to get rid of it, but the 1st bank is dragging their feet. Could be awhile before we hear anything. In the meantime, we've stopped looking for anything else. We want to wait out this other house, and if we dont get it, we'll keep looking.

*We haven't been to church in two weeks. No, we're not evil, we just don't want to catch the Swine Flu! At least 6 confirmed cases in our ward, and I'm sure there are more now. My sister-in-laws family has it too. Luckily, my brother's family didn't get it!

*I have a new calling....12 yr old Sunday school. Its just 4 girls, so it can't be that bad. But I've never been in a teaching calling before. Hopefully I'm not that boring! I'm supposed to start this week, but I'm still nervous about getting the flu. Maybe Ryan can stay home with the kids. I could go just fine, but if somethings going to get passed around its in the nursary. Especially since one of the nursery leaders in one of the confirmed cases!

*We tried to sell Ryan's Camry, but we didnt get a single call on it. We really dont want two car payments, but we also don't want to lower the price, so I guess we are keeping it. Ryan wants to pay it off really fast before we buy a house, but if he keep adding stuff to that pre-house list we are never moving out. And if we stay here too long my kids will destroy this house!

(Bridger and Lydia after coloring on themselves with markers. I took my two zebras to the zoo like this. Theyre just 2 and 4 so its still cute...sometimes!)

*Speaking of destroy the house...My parents were out of town for 10 days earlier this month, because they went to see my sisters baby (see previous astrik). One morning Ryan and I weren't quite up to speed yet, but we were moving. I was taking a shower when I heard Ryan screaming at the kids. Booming is probably a better word for it. I wasn't sure if I should dash from the shower to help...Or say in the shower as long as possible. Ryan had been sitting on the couch in the front room when he heard water somewhere in my Mom's bedroom. Wearily he walked into her room and found water pouring from the recessed ceiling light just inside the bathroom! Dashing upstairs he discovered that someone (under the age of 4) had pulled the plug in the bathroom sink and left the water running...about 45 min ago. Water was pooled in the bathroom and had soak through the floor below. By the time I got out of the shower Ryan had mopped up most of the standing water but the carpet in the walk-in coset was still soaked. I tried sucking most of it out with the steam cleaner, but ended up pulling the carpet and pad out when it wasn't drying. They dried after a few days in the garage and we've since put them back. Luckily, since the water had an outlet through the light, no drywall was ruinned. However, next to the dripping light is a fireplace about 3 feet off the ground. Below this fireplace is a 3x5 ft framed in void that was now 2 in deep with water! We had to cut a hole in the drywall to suck out the water so it didn't ruin the ceiling in the bacement. It took all day to clean up, and we still need to patch the hole in the wall. I'm just grateful we caught it when we did. Another 10 min and we would have had a 3 floor disaster!

This was the same week that Lydia colored with highlighter on the walls in the livingroom, kitchen, and pantry. She also smashed an 8 in circle of playdough that crustified into the carpet. Not to mention the wet sidewalk chalk on the front door that took greece lightning to scrub out! Another week like that and we wont have to deside how long to live here, my parents will kick us out!!

I can't complain too much though. During these last rain storms, my brother who lives in sandy had muddy water flooding his bacement. They've had to rip out all carpet and 8 in of drywall, plus add raingutters and a new drainage system. I'm so sorry guys! Let me know what I can do to help.

*I found out today that I still qualify for pell grants for school. Most of you probably don't know, but I've been slowly trying to get my AS degree from SLCC online. I had signed up for classes this summer, but didnt feel right about it, so I dropped out. I figured I wouldnt qualify for grants so I'd put school on the back burner... again. However, now I know I qualify so what do I do now? I'm still trying to figure this one out, but I'll probably take two classes this fall.

*I'm seeing Transformers on Saturday! YEAH! I'm excited, but a little nervous. I loved the first one, so I'm not sure how the second will live up to it. But, I love Shia, so I'm just going to have to trust that he did a good job on this one too. I also went and saw Star Trek for the second time. I love Star Trek. I am not a treky, but I loved this movie. I cant wait for the sequile!

*I need a vacation!! Anyone want to go camping? It might be warm enough now.

I've run out of random thoughts...for now. Ryan is still working evenings so if any of you find yourself alone some evening, call me. We love picking up pizza and going to a park. I also have a zoo pass that gets two people in free, so call me if you want to go.


My kids at the zoo. We've been 4 times allready. I love it, as long as its not on Saturday!


Ryan and my mom building a playhouse. Notice Bridger... he's supervising.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

rotfl. oh no, Lydia did all that. too funny! she flooded the house, drew on walls ... sorry, I can't help but laugh.

and all the babies in the family ... congrats to everyone. myself included, seeing that Cayden (my nephew) is being born in the next week or so.

and I just got back from a vacation or else I would come with you ...