Happy Valentines Day Everyone!!
I went to the doctor for a regular check up today. I'll be 37 weeks on Saturday, which is considered full term and was when Bridger was born, can you believe it?! I've been cramping a lot lately, which is actually good cause it usually means something is happening. I was glad to find out that I'm effaced 60% and dialated to a 2. It would have been really frustrating if I'd been suffering through cramps for no reason.
I love my doctor. One of the many things shes good at is estimating how big a baby will be when its born. Shes usually within a few oz. Two weeks ago she estimated Kyler would be about 7lb 12oz. That's right between my other two kids and seamed reasonable. Well, apparently Kyler had a growth spurt these last two weeks so she changed her estimate to 8 lb 12 oz! I realize thats not huge but it feels like it. I really don't want to deliver a 9 lb baby! Understanding my concern, Dr. Langer sudgested we strip my membrane next Thursday. She says that gives a %50 chance of going into labor. I'm hoping with all my cramping and dialating that it works. That would make him about two weeks early and hopefully just under 8 lbs. That sounds perfect to me. However, I understand that these little ones come when they want to and you can't plan it. But we can hope. (Secretly I think Sunday would be a good day. Seams fitting to have both an Independence day baby and a Valentines day baby. :) I dont think itll happen though.)
I actually have mixed feelings about all this. Honestly, I love being pregnant and I'm going to miss it. I'm also not quite misserable enough to want to go through labor, although I am getting there. I do look forward to holding Kyler and seeing him for the first time. That, in of itself, will make labor worth it.
Side note, Ryan's brother Alan finally had their baby on Tue. This was her first baby and it was huge! Unfortunatly they were at an IHC hospital which wont let you induce until you're 41 weeks. Stupid policy!! That baby was 9lb 15 oz!! For a first baby that is huge. Its was a hard labor for her and she ended up hemeraging and needing a d&c. Plus, the baby has an infection and probably wont be going home for up to a week. I can't help but wonder if things might have been easier if they had let her induce 2 weeks ago. I'm just grateful that everything is going well for them now. Hopefully AJ will go home soon and grow to be a happy healthy baby boy.
Anyway, I'll keep you posted.
Happy Valentine Day!!
First Day of School
5 days ago
1 comment:
It also has to do w/ the dr too. I was induced just before 39 weeks, i was just miserable, no major reason to go early. But it's safe b/c there can be problems. I wanted to go sooner than 39, but they wouldn't let me, and she was only 6lbs 4 oz. so there's something to that policy.
Post a Comment