Sunday, January 24, 2010

6 Month Update!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

HAPPY COLUMBUS DAY

HAPPY LABOR DAY

YEAH SCHOOL STARTED!

I think that catches me up from my last posting. Have a good day!


Just Kidding

So much has happened in 6 months that I warn you, this might be a long blog that talks briefly about many things. And there's no way I'm going to try to do it in any chronological or otherwise organized fashion.


My first bit of news is hopefully not a surprise to you. If it is, I'm sorry, I haven't been great about spreading news this year. You see, I am practically bursting with my third child, Kyler William Keddington. He's not due till March 6th but sometimes I wonder how much bigger I/he can get. Its not been too long since Lydia was born, but there's so many things you forget. Like how amazing it is that a human body can stretch so far. And how difficult it is just to get out of bed or even roll over. I'm not complaining, I love being pregnant! And I certainly understand what a blessing it is to be so!! Bridger and Lydia have made this pregnancy so much more fun too. They're so interested and excited for their little brother. Today Kyler was kicking me so I had Bridger put his hand on my stomach to feel it. He was smiling so big! He can't wait for his baby brother to come out. I just hope they aren't disappointed when all Kyler does is eat sleep and poop. I've tried prepping them for that, I hope its enough.

In other news, Ryan started school again last week. Its not as bad as when Lydia was born. He was gone about 15 hrs a day back then. This time its just 2 classes twice a week + homework. I can handle that. He's headed back for his Bachelors, but he has to finish his AS first. Total it should take about 3 years. Its kind of confusing cause he already has an AAS in Aviation Maintenance and an A&P certified mechanics license. Then hes going to have an AS of science and a BS in Technology Management. You'd think some of it would be redundant, but I guess its not. Anyway, because of this he justified buying himself an awesome new Sony laptop. He's as "giddy as a school boy." Some things never change.

In addition to going back to school, or rather because of it, we've decided to stay at my Moms house for much much longer than previously anticipated. We're talking 3-4 years. (My Mom and Dad are so patient and understanding!) So, we cleaned out a lot of furniture and other stuff we were tired of storing and have settled in quite nicely. Last weekend we bought a gorgeous bunk bed for the kids (cause all three will be in the same room!) and Bridger and Lydia LOVE it. They actually stay in bed better too, which I love. This arrangement will work well for the next couple years, but once we have a 4th baby I have no idea what we'll do. Can we really put 4 kids in one room? Oh well, I don't have to worry about that for a few years!

The rest of the updates will be done through pictures. I hope you enjoy, it took forever to upload!

First Day of School














Here's Bridger and Lydia on the first day of school back in September. They both go to the same preschool, but it works well. Lydia was really nervous at first but since Bridger was there she was okay. I remember turning to leave while she was crying and seeing Bridger give her a hug and saying "Its alright Lala." Bridger never gives hugs to his little sister! It was so sweet to see him take care of her like that. They love school now and have made lots of friends. Bridger is so excited for next year when he gets to go to Kindergarten. I hope by then Lydia can handle school without him!

HALLOWEEN



Bridger wanted to be Bowser this year. Can you imagine how hard it is to find a Bowser costume for a 4 year old! So my Mom made our costumes this year. It was so much fun and it turned out awesome! BTW, Lydia was the cutest fuzzy white kitty I've ever seen.



















SAN DIEGO

We took our first ever family vacation this last September. We've been places with family before, but this was the first time Ryan and I took the kids somewhere by ourselves. I found a great price on plane tickets so we flew to San Diego with the kids and stayed for 3 nights. It was so fun! The kids still ask to go back frequently and I don't blame them. I want to go back too!! This is a picture of the first day we were there. We found a place called Sunset cliffs that was gorgeous! However, that night was really cold!


We found a hotel called the Dana which was actually pretty nice. The room was small, but it had a fridge, a microwave and a private porch that opened onto the pool. Because we had the porch, we brought games and stuff for Ryan and I to do after the kids went to bed. We never played any though, cause we were so tired by the end of the day that we crashed the same time that the kids did! This is a pic of the kids eating breakfast on our porch. You can see the pool through the gate.



We only had time for one park so we went to Sea World. It was so fun, the kids loved it, and I loved it. Here's a picture of a Beluga Whale. They were feeding it when we saw it so it was pretty cool.


Here's us up in the big blue tower. I didn't want to go, but Bridger insisted. It turned out pretty cool though cause we could see the whole city from up there.



This is us waiting for the rapids ride. It was a fun ride, but everyone got soaked! Lydia wasn't too happy about that, but we had a change of cloths.



Bridger and Ryan, self explanatory













The day after San Diego we rented a ski boat and played out in the bay. It was fun. Even when we got turned around and went under the wrong bridge on the way back to the peer. :)











That same day we went to the beach. We found a gorgeous beach in La Jolla! We played in the waves for hours and didn't leave until it was dark. This was my favorite part about San Diego.















You can see how big some of the waves were in this pic. One wave was even up to my shoulders! Lydia was crazy!! She loved it and kept trying to pull away, but there was no way I was going to let her. I'd love to find this beach again someday.



Christmas

We went to Zoo lights for the first time this year. The animals were mostly dormant but the lights were pretty cool. The baby tigers were active too.










This is us at Festival of Trees. I love to go every year. This year Bridger wanted a turn in the bubble machine. He actually managed to blow a bubble away which not many could do.









The bubble machine scared Lydia so she got her nails done instead.





Every year we try to go to Temple square to see the lights and the nativity. We watched the 5 min video they have in the visitors center which was really good for the kids. We're trying to teach them what Christmas really means and that was a good way to do that.






We rode the train up to Temple Square. It was a lot of walking and waiting, so I don't think we'll ride the train the whole way again. But the kids got to ride the train which was the whole point.


This is us Christmas morning. Ryan's helping Bridger with his new marble track and Lydia is already wearing one of her new dress ups. This year was really fun, because it was the first year the kids understood about Christmas. We even put out cookies and milk for Santa and carrots for the reindeer. Lydia even had to cut the carrot into 8 pieces for each reindeer.

We also talked about how it was Jesus' birthday and that's why we have Christmas. I hope to get into that a little more every year.


Here's a couple pictures of our friend Christmas party. We brought up the ping pong table which was a big hit. Here's a few pics of the guys playing around the world. This would only be possible in this house!
















This is some of the grand kids on Christmas day. Lydia got a huge box of dress ups for Christmas so everyone dressed up and put on a show. The funniest part was my 10 yr old niece who was announcing from the closet.

Random



This is a random picture of us raking leaves. I thought it was cute.






My "little" brother's birthday was in December and he's a big fan of The Office. I don't really watch it, but for those that do you'll appreciate this...We wrapped his present in Jello. That's right, I said jello. It was awesome! I love when we can surprise him like that.







Then, of course, all the grand kids gathered around to eat it! EWW!!








So that's pretty much it for 2009. In many ways it was the best and the worst year I've had in a long time. Here's hoping for a great 2010, Ill keep you posted.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Finally! I had no idea you were pregnant! That is so exciting. Congrats. I am so jealous you went to San Diego. It's one of my very favorite places in the whole world. And I love the Halloween costumes. Your mon did a great job! It looks like you guys are doing great!

Megane said...

glad you finally updated! it is good to see all the pictures. We can't wait to see our new nephew soon! hope you doing well!!! love you!